4.01.2011

friday farewell

Yes, I know we've all seen Bunny Williams' awesome canopy bed countless times. Yawn! 

apologies, source unknown

But I had never really thought about the rest of the room. Here is what Ms. Williams' has to say about her new york bedroom in her book Point of View, "If your bedroom is large enough you may want it to double as a sitting room. I live in my bedroom in the city, which has bookcases, a television, a dressing table, a chair and ottoman."

Photographed by Pieter Estersohn for Elle Decor,December 2002

Can't you just imagine Ms. Williams' working from her bed? A la Edith Wharton—I've heard that Ms Wharton would write her manuscripts in longhand from her bed and just let the pages fall to the floor. Whether or not it is true, I love it.

I for one LOVE working from my own bedroom. Its a place where I can clear my mind and really focus. I know some people are completely against bringing any kind of work into the bedroom. What about you?

Wishing you a restful yet productive weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment