4.05.2011

the beautiful and elusive french basket

This recent post on This is Glamorous reminded me of my long hunt for these gorgeous french baskets.
Over the past year this basket has popped up in a number of interiors. I love how it adds a great rustic/refined element to each of these rooms. The weave adds great texture while the scallop liner a touch of femininity plus it scores bonus points for practicality! In my opinion the bigger, the better.

Kim Fiscus used a pair baskets at the bottom of matching toddler beds for her two young daughters.
What a great solution for toy overflow.


Photographed by Reed Davis for House Beautiful

I also spied this beauty in one of Joni's posts on Cote de Texas. Hint, its under the console, right at the bottom of the photo.



At this point I think everyone has seen this bedroom from Cote Maison. I first spied it on Anna Spiro's amazing Absolutely Fabulous Things.


Anna was lovely enough to include a link to her original source, Aged and Gilded. I was able to track down Ursula's post and voila! Ursula sells these beauties at super reasonable prices. They are not currently available on her site but send her an email and I am sure she can help you out.

And one question for all of you francophiles, what are these baskets called and what were they originally for?

No comments:

Post a Comment