4.04.2011

d. porthault

I took a very quick business trip down to New York last week—all told i was gone from home for a grand total of 37 hours. While I was there I managed to squeeze in a visit with my lovely friend Peninah, who was gracious enough to entertain me even though she is about to have a baby any moment now. The other highlight of my trip was to D. Porthault. We've all seen their linens in House Beautiful, Elle Decor and countless other shelter magazines. 

The image that first made me crave a hit of Porthault in he bedroom was Rita Konig's own bedroom in Domino. I love the play of the prints in her old bedroom.


Then this Michael S Smith bedroom in House Beautiful sealed the deal. I love the mix of blue patterns: paisley, hearts, stars and a bold border.


Visiting the store was so much fun. I snapped some photos while I was there with my iPhone and thought I would share. Here is a view from the entrance of the store. I loved the antique mirror walls and display tables.


The store was very appropriately decorated for the month of March with the pois de senteur, lilas yellow, and trefles green patterns heavily featured throughout. 





 What I love about Porthault is the mix. Check out the riot of pattern in this sachet display.


I love how all of these pillows work together even though they are different patterns and different pinks. 


This display wall was particularly inspiring. I just love how the company effortlessly mixes their prints to create a very fresh look.



Here is a close up of one of the pairings. Very Kelly Wearstler, non?



It was also interesting to see the range of merchandise. Porthault has much more than bed and bath linens, you can pick up these adorable robes to coordinate with your interior. And check out those cute frames and lingerie bags on the table.



My focus was on some of the more well known Porthault patterns such as the coeurs and bouquet éclaté which I wanted to pick up for my own home. 



Sadly the pillows I wanted in the bouquet éclaté were not available, but fear not, they are ordered. In the meantime, these two darlings made it safely back to Boston with me and have now taken up residence on one very lucky little girl's bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment